Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 2: Mid-East Madness


I love to make generic middle-eastern food. Stuff that could be passed off as Greek, Lebanese, or maybe Moroccan on a bad day. Doing it vegan makes me feel like I was cooking with the best stuff I could find outside my cave without getting spotted by a drone. But it was pretty good.

The hummus, tabouli, and baguette did the job nicely. The lentil burgers were more like a well-fried corned beef hash, and that's a good thing.

Maybe I'm just hungry, but this tasted good. I'd even make it again. 
The Sheik's Lentil Burgers 
Roasted garlic and shallots
Carrots and peas  
Natural flavor and/or... 

Tabouli 
Parsley, tomatoes, and  onions in bulgar wheat 
With mint, lemon juice and  olive oil 

Traditional Hummus  

Toasted Soft Baguette  

No comments: